Sunday, March 27, 2011

Respect

Day in and Day out I deal with the most rude people on the face of the earth. The thing I hear the most out of the mouth of the customers is "This is ****** your supposed to be about customer service." Now most of the time the complaints I get are about cashiers. I will admit there are some cashiers that deserve the complaints, but in my experience its the customers that deserve the complaints.

When I used to be a cashier, I would always ask the customers how they were doing and if they found everything okay. Some of the nicer people would actually talk to you and respond. However most of the people I talked to didn't even acknowledge my existence. Half the time they were on their cell phones, reading a book, or just down right ignoring me. Every now and then I get the customer that has the nerve to go report me for not being friendlier to them, and I remember exactly who they are. They are the people that looked at me like I was a piece of dirt for working a cash register, and I rung them out as fast and quietly as possible just to get them the hell out.

When I was growing up, I was always taught that if you wanted respect, you had to give respect. I guess in todays world we want everything without giving anything in return.

--Servant of the People

No comments: