Monday, March 28, 2011

Employees Only

So this wasn't something that happened to me, but something I witnessed today.

I was doing some work at the cafe in my local Borders, like every Monday and Wednesday. Went in got my coffee and took a seat. I noticed as I was setting up my laptop, that the clerk picked up a big metal container and brought it to the back, probably to have it cleaned and what not. Less than a minute after the employee walked through the back room door, a middle aged woman walked up the counter and started taping her fingers on it. After waiting maybe 30 seconds she storms behind the counter and opens the door where the clerk had went. This is what I heard:

Bitch: HELLO!!! HELLOOOOOO!! IS ANYONE WORKING HERE!!!
Employee: M'am, this area is for employees only. I will be out to help you in just a minute.
Bitch: Your supposed to helping customers like me, not fooling around in the back room!
Employee: Your not allowed back here M'am, please go out front and I will be with you in a second.
Bitch: Well you better hurry up, I have somewhere to be.

Now the best part is when another customer chimes in:

Customer: Hey Lady! If you just waited at the counter like a normal person instead of being a complete bitch
he would have already been done and helped you.
Bitch: Excuse me? Why don't you mind your own business!
Customer: Why don't you get the fuck out of here and stop harassing people, you ignorant bitch.
Bitch: UHG! I don't need this! *storms out of the store*

Well, I have to say that the whole event was making me crack up. I love it when other customers rescue the employees from assholes like that. I want to know who she thought she was to go into the back room and start yelling at the employee. Ah well, at least this bitch got put in her place. Too many people get away with it.

--Servant of the People

No comments: