Saturday, April 2, 2011

We are not a bank!!

Ok, What I don't understand is, if you are going to ask for smaller bills at a store....why do you ask for large bills at the bank? Let me make this clear, I don't mind making change for someone that needs to use the soda machine and what not. What I do mind is when people come up with a $100 bill and ask for 10s and 5s. If you wanted those denominations, why didn't you ask for them at the bank? 

At my work, we have this one guy that comes in a couple times a week. He always hands us at least $200, usually more, in 50s and 100s to be changed into 5s, 10s, and 20s. Most of the time we do not have the money in our drawers to be able to make the change, and have to end up borrowing money from our cash office, which is a pain in and of itself. We have asked him on several occasions not to do this, but he just ignores us and states it is our job to do what he wants. Hes even complained to corporate about us refusing to make change for him, and now we are basically forced to do it.

I swear people like this are trying to compensate for something. They feel the need to get big bills from the bank, so that when they go to the store, the employees will be all amazed and jealous about the kind of money he carries around. I am willing to bet that those few $50 bills are from some government assistance program. 

Its not even the making change that gets on my nerves, its the smug look he gives us when hes walking up to the counter, and the obvious staring at my female coworkers. I don't think I can state how much of  a pig he is, and how he is probably compensating for being incontinent. You are not a big shot, you are an annoying sad little man. Go to the bank and get your own damn change. 

No comments: