Friday, April 1, 2011

Rant about Managers

This is not so much a story as it is a rant. I am getting sick and tired of managers and supervisors being pushed around by customers. Just because a customer is going to bitch an complain about things if they don't get their way, doesn't mean you give them whatever they want just to avoid confrontation. The other day a big bitch of a lady came to return an item but had no receipt. Now the item was one of the few things store policy says we HAVE to have a receipt for. I told the lady that and she started giving me an attitude. This is when my manager came over and said "oh we can return that for you, your here all the time."

Apparently whenever this bitch doesn't get her way, she complains the to corporate office until she does. My manager also tells me "oh shes so and so's mom". Well you know what, I don't give a shit who she is, Policy says no receipt no return. If they don't want to deal with the BS that comes back from corporate fine, give it to me. I will stand up for my decision no matter what. We should not be rewarding customers for giving us Bull shit. They say they don't want to lose customers, but my question is do you really want THOSE kinds of customers? Let them go somewhere else and annoy them.

To all you managers and supervisors out there. Don't be afraid to stand up to a customer about an issue. Your employees will love you for having their backs. If anything, its good to know you made the customer waste their time going to corporate. If they get enough resistance, they'll eventually stop.

Well that's all I have for today, unfortunately I've been stuck home due to a viral infection, so I haven't really been in the mood to be on the computer. Hopefully tomorrow will be different.

--Servant of the People

2 comments:

Ace said...

i concur

Unknown said...

Good to know someone agrees!